The holidays are hard. How can you get the perfect gift for everyone on your list while still trudging through your daily activities? With the added stress of holiday parties and end of the year work schedules, holiday shopping can be hard. This list will help you get to everyone on your list, all in one neighbourhood!
The Music Lover
The Danforth has something for every music lover. Aside from the obvious concert hall, check out these music themed gift ideas!
- Music lessons at Elite Music Academy
- Some vintage vinyl from Mike’s Music
- A new or used instrument for the budding musician from The Twelfth Fret
- Don’t want to go into the store? Tundra Music makes it easy for you to buy your vintage instruments online
The Vintage Fan
Comb through the racks of these vintage stores to find something truly unique for that person whose motto is, “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”
- Support the Canadian Cancer Society by shopping at Kind Exchange
- Pick up an old school radio or turntable at The Handwork Department
- Find all kinds of goodies at St. John’s Mission Thrift Store
- You’re bound to find something in the ever-trendy Design Nook
- Explore the endless racks at The Vintage Depot
Shopping for children this holiday season? These shops will ensure that you’re the favourite.
- Pick up some cute baby clothing from Snug
- Puzzles, clothes, music: The 100-Mile Child has everything!
- Check out the wide selection of products at Treasure Island Toys
- La Di Da Boutique has some unique gifts and designer clothing for the trendiest of babies
The Active One
We all have that one fit friend who makes us all look bad. Check out these shops for that workout guru in your life.
- Find a biker’s heaven in Cyclemania, a staple along the Danforth
- For all the fitness crazes, from kettlebells, spinning, and crossfit, Energia has got you covered
- Everywear Garment Co. has all the clothing your fitness fanatic could ever want
The Question Mark
Do you have that one person who is too difficult to choose for? Here are some weird and wonderful shops to give you some quirky ideas.
- The classic gift of socks takes an interesting turn at The Great Canadian Sox Shop
- A gift card from The Clay Room will get your giftee’s creative juices flowing
- Beautiful leather goods from Negash + Dessa
- For that hippy in your life, check out the interesting finds from Gifts from the Earth; from gemstones to books on tarot card reading to telescopes, this shop will surely be a hit
- How about a membership at the Toronto Tool Sharing Library for the aspiring carpenter in your life