In the Danforth area, it is only a short walk or jog away to the nearest facility to get your fitness fix.
by Amy Postma
The Danforth is lined with a variety of different gyms, studios, and spas, and the opportunities to get creative with your workout are endless. From Latin dance inspired fitness classes to full service gyms, East York offers it all. Read on for a selection of what is available as well as what deals to look out for:
Energizing and Fun:
• Felinity Inc: offers classes for women, focused on mind and body fitness. They include fun options like pole dancing, hula hooping, Zumba, and Fatblast. In addition, they offer girls night out parties as well as drop in classes.
• Hannan’s Belly Dance Studio: has ongoing enticing promotions as well as flexible payment options, such as drop in rates and free classes in exchange for volunteer time. And if you are a new student, your first class is free.
• Joy of Dance Centre: check out their monthly class specials, as low as $10. They offer a multitude of options including traditional Latin dance styles, belly dance, and Zumba.
• Japan Martial Arts Centre: offers both kickboxing and karate classes for all levels with private classes available.
• Extreme Fitness: offers flexibility and variety with an extensive lineup of classes including step, spinning, yoga, and bootcamp. They offer a 7-day pass to test out the club before committing to a membership.
• Energia Athletics: take part in drop in classes in cross-training, running, yoga, kettlebell, and spinning. Try your first week of unlimited classes for only $20.
• The Yoga Sanctuary: includes a diverse and broad range of classes and offers new students 10 days of unlimited yoga for $20.
• Moksha Yoga: specializes in hot yoga, and also offers new students 10 consecutive days of yoga for $20.
• Vital Breath Studio: offers classes in yoga and qigong, a meditative, calming exercise, for all levels, with private classes available.
• T-Zone Vibrations: provides an exercise technology that provides low-impact vibration muscle engagement. The machine is used for many health benefits, including toning, weight loss, and rehabilitation, with much less time commitment than traditional exercise.
• Elements of Fitness: Offers personal training and massage therapy as well as Power Plate Certified Training, which also works your muscles through vibration. Your first consultation is free.
For a full listing of health and fitness clubs and their addresses, check out the Danforth BIA fitness listings.